BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Some good news

For those that don't know, I took a 3 WEEK maternity leave after having Aiden. A week before Aiden was born (2 weeks before my due date) our CFO left the company which was a huge deal as we are a small, family owned business and the CFO had been with the company for about 20 years. Needless to say, that put me in a poor position of first impressions. I had one week with the new CFO before going into labor. So, that was the set up of a short maternity leave. Until Aiden was about 5 months, we would only have a babysitter for half days when Nathan was working but after 5 months, I was back to a full schedule at work. Thinks have been SO busy since then. I never would have thought that with Nathan working 10 days a month (some of which fall on weekends) that we would be so stressed with me working full time. We don't have too many friends and family nearby that are available to babysit either.


Anyways, to get to the point, Nathan and I have been talking for some time about our future family goals (another baby, medic school, etc) to where we decided that I needed to reduce my hours at work. Seeing as my position should be done by two people (about a 60 hour work week if my job were to be done at 100%), I figure there would be NO way to go part time. I have been looking for some time but would be losing quite a bit by leaving. I have been at my current job for over 2 years, so I would lose vacation, pay, as well as benefits and seniority. Plus, I enjoy the people I work with and would be sad to leave.


We finally decided that asking wouldn't hurt. After a very scary conversation with my boss, it was decided that in about a month I will be a PART TIME employee!!!!!!! I have not been so excited! I know that this will be for the best for our family and give me the open door for new opportunities in the company as well as in my personal life. I guess my commitment to my job (including the non-existant maternity leave) has finally paid off. =-) I cannot wait to be home with my family more!!!

1 comments:

Wammack Family said...

That is good to hear. It will be nice to be home with Aiden more. Congratulations!